Belly Dance is FUN!!
Why limit yourself to workouts in the gym when you can burn calories and enjoy all the other great benefits that come along with belly dance?
- Build bones! Belly dance and dance in general, is a weight bearing exercise, the kind of exercise critical in helping prevent osteoporosis.
- Build coordination and get smarter, seriously! Dance works the right and left hemispheres of the brain together, it builds neuropathways that can increase memory and learning ability.
- Beat the blues! Taking time to do something nice for yourself like treating your self to a dance class, along with being in the social environment, is an effective way to improve your mood.
- Improve self esteem and body image! Learning new things and accomplishing goals can be very rewarding. You might surprised by what you are capable of.
- Belly dance can be practiced as an aerobic exercise providing cardiovascular benefits. Research has shown that belly dancing can burn about 300 calories per hour, depending on the intensity of the dancing, so it can be incorporated into a weight loss program. The movements and isolations used in belly dance help to develop core strength as well as flexibility. In addition, belly dance incorporates all of the body’s major muscle groups, so it helps to strengthen the entire body.
- Aside from these excellent physical benefits, belly dance also helps people to reduce stress, and build confidence and self-esteem. Women who have a negative self-image can discover self-acceptance through belly dance, because there are no restrictions of height, weight, body type or age.
With all of this to offer, what are you waiting for? Make an hour a week for yourself and come have some fun with us!